Navigation

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Oilfield Joke: Drilling Contractor is a Legal Genius...

A Drilling Contractor was the defendant in a lawsuit over a deal gone bad.

The lawsuit involved large sums of money and the worried Drilling Contractor was plotting different strategies to help his case.

About a week before the trial, he called his lawyer and said, "If I lose this case, I'll be ruined!  I think I'll send the judge a case of whiskey."

His lawyer shouted, "No! The judge is a stickler on ethical behavior.

At best, a dumb stunt like that would guarantee that you lose the case.  And he might hold you in contempt of court or even have you charged with attempted bribery."

In the end, the judge decided in favor of the Drilling Contractor. Estatic over winning, he told his lawyer, "Thanks for the tip about the whiskey."

Smugly, the lawyer said, "I'm sure we would have lost if you hadn't followed my advice and gone ahead and sent it."


"I did send it," replied the Drilling Contractor... "I just enclosed the plaintiff's business card.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Cook Teams, Sponsors and Volunteers do not get left out this year. First Come, First Served. 


2014 Oilfield Appreciation Sporting Clay Event Dates & Forms


    For more information about Oilfield Appreciation Event Sponsorship and Registrations. 


    Info@OilfieldAppreciation.com or by phone at 800-277-1647

    No comments:

    Post a Comment